Tuesday, August 9, 2011

It's our blogiversary!

Three years ago this week, Melis' noticed I was on the computer and told me matter-of-factly, "I think I want a blog.  Make it happen."

Within an hour or two, I turned out our very first post.  Pretty profound stuff, I know.

Just for fun, I decided to pull up our old blog title headers.

2008
No, we were not graduating from mime school in 2008 or emerging from a subterranean cavern for the first time in years.  For some reason we were just really white.


2009
Here's a helpful tip: if you want to de-emphasize your family's pasty whiteness, don't invite a pumpkin to sit in on your photoshoot.

2010
2010 marked Langy's arrival into the world...and the internet.  I've always enjoyed this picture because of glamorous Taegan -- who holds the remains of a daisy she had eaten just moments earlier.  Flower child indeed.

People who logged on to our site on the evening of the 2010 BCS Championship game may have noticed a special appearance from a close personal friend.  I have a feeling we'll be seeing Puddles on the blog again sometime in January 2012...and maybe even my facial hair too.

Congratulations on 3 years, Melis' -- I'd get you some flowers, but you-know-who would just eat them.

2 comments:

  1. Why does he go by "Puddles"? Everyone knows it's Daffy. I love that picture even more now that I know what happened to the flower =)

    ReplyDelete