Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Get Snuggie!

Since acquiring a Tivo, we tend to skip right past TV commercials. But sometimes, when we're a little slow to hit the 30 second skip button on the remote, we catch a glimpse of some of the cool stuff we should be spending our money on.

Last night, Melis' and I were enthralled by The Snuggie.



It's the blanket with sleeves! Yeah, yeah, some people will scoff "Why are you wearing your robe backwards?" or "When did you join a Satanic cult?" -- but when they must leave the swaddling warmth of their conventional fleecy blankie to retrieve the remote control or flip the page on Anne of Green Gables...they will covet your Snuggie. Or maybe, ya' know, just put on a sweatshirt.

You can wear a Snuggie to your children's sporting events for maximum adolescent embarrassment!

We were sorely tempted to get out our credit card and call their toll-free number. But the phone was several inches away -- and we feared we would get cold if we got out of our own warm fleecy blankie.

We definitely would have done it if ShamWow Vince told us to.




7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh man, Tony and I love the snuggie commercial, this is too perfect.

Jean McKendrick said...

That is too funny! I saw that commercial over Christmas. I have slept with my Bath and Body works fleecy robe on so the "snuggie" is tempting. :) Lol

doodooguru said...

Those Germans make good stuff!

Lauren said...

We laughed at that commercial too, and my mom teased my dad that it would show up under our Christmas tree...

Leslie said...

I don't know it might have had a better sales pitch if the guy who does OXI Clean (and whatever else he tries to sale while yelling) did it. It was almost convincing to us until I read your take on it.
Crazy stuff for sale.

Anonymous said...

I was sold as soon as I heard you can still get snacks in it. Who has my name for Christmas next year!???

Haguewood Family said...

That is really funny...Holly and I actually thought that would be great...until we thought about it for a mintue. Then we realized that those sneaky TV guys make everything so cool.

Post a Comment