Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Easter Weekend

The Stoddard clan all returned to Pendleton this past weekend to celebrate Easter and watch the General Conference broadcast (along with some Final Four action).

I refer you to Mom Stoddard's personal diary for a report of events, which included aggressive mini football-dunking and fairy princesses wielding bouquets of death.*


* Karsten teaches us that adding "...of death" to any item immediately increases its intimidation factor.  Hence, his plastic hunting knife is actually a "knife of death" and his toy bow and arrow are the "bow and arrow of death" etc.  We've gradually come to apply this nomenclature to less-threatening items as well.

4 comments:

Teresa's Neighbor said...

My favorite week-end conversation was Lydia's "how many several bites do I have to take" negotiations with you acting as her representation and Taegan as her expert witness.

Travis said...

I was actually her father's legal counsel -- but she was outwitting me so badly that it just looked like I was taking her side. I'm no match for a pair of fairy princess lawyers. It was a battle of wits, and I was unarmed.

Lauren said...

OK, when I first saw that picture, it looked like Taegan was holding a disembodied hand. What sort of Easter celebrations does your family have anyways? :)

doodooguru said...

Lauren- It was a pretty wild party... clothing was optional and some participants thought it was OK to drink the liquid that eggs were being dipped in, but I was ALMOST sure everyone's limbs stayed intact. But I agree the photo will cause you to raise an eyebrow.

I guess what happens at Grandma's, stays at Grandmas!

Post a Comment