Wednesday, April 27, 2011

whatta you got

 I've got a friend (now, don't be acting all surprised...) that lets me build crap for her house.  This was her latest request.



She wanted a built-in look for her 75 mile wide TV.  Seriously, the front of this cabinet is over 6.5 feet wide (how do you support the top of a big open shelf that size??!).  When I finished it in the garage, I thought I had miscalculated something, because WHO HAS A TV THIS BIG?.  But once it was installed and we went to put the TV on top I was worried that I didn't build it big enough.  She painted it and sent me a cell pic. 

Looks proportional now.

I also built this bench for an old lady that has made Trifle the last few times we have visited.


I love Trifle.

Don't be jealous of my photog skilz.  It is not easy to make a beautiful piece of cedar look crappy.

5 comments:

jessica said...

What will it take to get you and Trav to move out by me!!!! I have projects galore that I want to do but right now we are too busy installing tile and painting handrails. I was up until 1am last night on my hands and knees sealing my newly tile kitchen floor. Although I am loving my new hardwood floors and tile. All I really want to do is build an L shaped desk for myself so I can have my sewing machine and serger out at all times....turquoise with beadboard please.

Teresa's Neighbor said...

How many trifle-making old ladies do you know? If there's more than five, are we just going to draw names or sell raffle tickets to see who gets it? Looks gorgeous.

Leslie said...

It looks great. Now we need to hire you to come do stuff here so it can actually get done. I am sure I can make something yummy for you.

A-Train said...

Love it. I will make you trifle if you come make stuff for me. Actually really what I need is yard work....what kind of dessert buys me yard work? :)

Teresa said...

I will make you trifle with pound cake instead of that terrible angel food cake.

Post a Comment