Proof: One time during a family night, I asked Karsten if he knew the 2nd Article of Faith. He immediately piped up and said YES! I was surprised by the answer, wondering if I taught him and then forgot I did, or maybe he learned in Sunday School while we weren't looking -- so I asked him to repeat it. He then rattled off the 1st Article of Faith, I said no that’s not it, so he then rattled off everything that he had ever memorized this last year. It consisted of something like 4 talks, a scripture, some school homework, a few books… well you get the point.
Taegan is always reminding me of who bought her what shoe or dress or shirt or pants or hat or toy or…but I thought it was pretty easy because 90% comes from Grandma. The other day she and I were driving in the car and she got on the subject of Santa and Christmas. She told me all the things she got in her stocking, and then what Karsten got and then what each person in the family got as a gift and who gave what to whom. She is 2. I can not for the life of me remember what I ate for breakfast today, let alone 2 months ago…
Anyways, onto to the subject at hand. Every morning for the last month or so Karsten will quiz me on a random topic during breakfast and then regurgitate everything he has ever heard about the subject. The latest… SHARKS:
Mom, how many kinds of sharks can you name?
Mom, do sharks like turkey?
Mom, why does a hammerhead shark have WEIRD pointy things coming out of his nose?
Mom, did you know that a shark will bite your leg if he thinks it is a fish? But it is OK because people can take you to the hospital and it can be glued back on!
The last comment made me raise an eyebrow, I then asked him what he is talking about and he explained that he, Taeg', and his dad like to watch shark shows on TV (side note: Travis loves the discovery, history, military, food network, or any other channel that requires interviews, stats, and narrators). Well, last night before I took off to play V-ball, I caught them in action.
Karst’ & Taeg' were rolled up like tacos. I am still unsure if this was the kid’s request or Travis’, either way everyone was happy when I left the house.

I guess it is good that my kids can remember stuff, because I will never be able to teach them the things they learn while watching the history channel with their father. I mean who knew that a Lemon Shark would eat a license plate but not a turkey!
3 comments:
Actually, the lemon shark decided to eat the turkey after regurgitating it. The great white, however, did not care for the turkey or the ham. I love the Discovery channel -- who else would seek out the answer to important questions like "what deli meats do sharks prefer?"
Hey guys, your kids are getting so big and they're so smart and cute!
Don't you hate it when your two year old knows more than you do? :)
Post a Comment