Tuesday, March 10, 2009

I HATE WILDLIFE

they are so DUMB.

This morning the kids and I are eating some yummy oatmeal and talking about all our plans for the day when we hear a scratching in the corner of the room. I walk over to investigate thinking the whole time it sounds like a mouse trapped in a tin can, I don't find anything and the noise stops so I turn around and head back to enjoy the oatmeal. I am now thinking that a mouse is trapped in a tin can inside my wall. What the heck is up with me and wildlife! Why doesn't this ever happen to Travis when he is home? I hear the noise again and realize that it is coming from outside?

What are the neighborhood raccoons up to now?

I open a window and then realize that it is coming from the down spout on the rain gutter.

Did a squirrel really try to climb down?

I put some slippers on and go outside. Yep a creature is in there trying to get up and I can hear it trying to climb up a few inches but only to fall down even more. I turn to go inside and see my kids on the front steps, so I can't just leave the thing in there, plus what if it dies and then clogs my drain?

I get a hammer and pull the spout off at the bottom, hoping that the thing will see daylight at the bottom and come down. Oh no, it freaks out and shakes the down spout totally loose from the house and the elbow (30' in the air), so i set the frigg'n hug pipe on the ground and out hops a little bird that looks at me like! "Whoa, that was awesome, I just won a huge bet!" Then just flies away.

Where is the wildlife like on sleeping beauty that are around to help when I need it? Maybe I will start singing when I go outside to attract all the helpful rodents, instead of the stupid ones.

Karsten and Taeg are happy. Now Travis and I need to figure out a way to suspend ourselves 30' in the air to reattach our downspout in our spare time. The last time we needed to get up there we jimmy rigged a ladder on top the Yukon. Can you say white trash!

5 comments:

jessica said...

I hate wildlife too. My girls are still freaked out about the moose chasing me that they won't go outside to play in the front yard without me.

Anonymous said...

Never a dull moment at your house! At least the wildlife was outside right?

A-Train said...

Have you seen the movie Enchanted? That's what I want wildlife to do--clean my house for me and sing happy working songs while doing so! And, the ER nurse in me says that putting a ladder on top of your car is not the safest thing to be doing...not that I have any alternatives to offer.

As far as blog comments, I know nothing about how my blog functions. I just type stuff and it shows up. For what it's worth, I find that it is very easy to leave comments on your blog.

doodooguru said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jean McKendrick said...

I just realized an earlier post showed up under "Matt", my husband! You were probably thinking you had a stalker. I think he was going to start a blog and for some reason I was not logged into my own when I was in the world of blogs leaving comments. I'll trade you any day, good meal for a craft! :)

Post a Comment