Friday, April 10, 2009

Conference Weekend

Last weekend we made a quick trip to Pendleton. We left Friday after work and returned Sunday after conference. I managed to get some day spa time in between sessions and during the middle of the night. Shirlene has been wanting pull out drawers in her kitchen since forever; so there was my excuse.

BEFORE:

I decided to make the fronts out of hickory to match her cabinets. I lucked out because Dave, my brother, was building drawers that weekend and was already set up to spray them with finish. Thanks Dave.


AFTER:

Shirlene got some Grandma time. I am positive that I got the better end of the deal. Even after staying up until 3am working in the shop, I couldn't have been as tired as Shirlene was after chasing my kids around all Saturday.

This is what I found when I went to check on them:

They informed me that they were driving to church in the monster trucks. I hope they made it safely.


Bonus post: Shirlene made the quilt they are sitting on for our guest room! Even though it looks like little umbrellas (very appropriate for Eugene) in the pic, I believe they are rugged pine trees.


Thanks again Shirlene for letting me relax!! Sorry for waking you up in the wee hours of the morning, I wasn't thinking straight. Next time, I will wear a mask when I spray lacquer finish for 3 hours, I am not sure I can stand to lose anymore brain cells. And we will stay another day so I can eat your yummy food.

5 comments:

Teresa's Neighbor said...

I adore my drawers. That sounds funny. And you must come back and enjoy my yummy food. Taegan and I have more shopping to do. Did Karst tell you he learned dog anatomy from Grandpa?

Jean McKendrick said...

Wow Melissa! You are impressive. I am glad you got some of your "spa" time in this past weekend. :)
My kids love video games (not that Kaden is coordiated to really play yet).

Jenny Erazo said...

Impressive Melissa! Sounds like everyone had a good weekend!

jessica said...

You are inspiring me...all I need is another project, right now I am helping my sister with some of her much needed home improvements...but those pull out drawers look dreamy.

Primus Six said...

I hope you don't mind me checking out your blog. I found it through Shelly's. I thoroughly enjoyed it! Your kids are so darn cute! -Jodi

Post a Comment