Until...

These turkeys are crazy. Our neighbor's dogs are scared of them. They were in our backyard a few months ago and we counted 29. Yes 29 female turkeys in my little yard. Don't get me wrong I love a little wildlife (especially to eat) but 29 turkeys in one neighborhood seems a bit much. A couple of days ago, they were at the neighbors house across the street. I was having a hard time counting them all, but I know there were at least 50. This time the boys showed up. It was pretty cool to watch the guys strut their stuff, puff out their chest, and get their tail feathers all fanned out just to get a gal's attention.
But in the back of my mind, I just kept thinking... "If I lived a few more miles south so I was out of town, I wouldn't hesitate to invite my talkin' in his sleep brother-in-law over for a little turkey shoot out. Loser cleans the birds of course.
4 comments:
I say to call your local turkey herder to get them out of town. Then you can have your turkey shoot-out!!
Obviously the turkey's noticed your plot of land and liked it too. Plus they must know they are more safe at your place than in Eastern Oregon at Nathan's parents. That is alot of turkey in one neighorhood.
I'd be scared of the turkeys too if I were the dogs. I think they can be really mean. They are best when served on Thanksgiving day with mashed potatoes and gravy.
Now you just need to get a herd of something that eats turkeys! Cougars? Maybe not.
Post a Comment