Lang' arrived on the scene ready for some serious beach renovation. He worked his little plastic shovel until it broke. Undeterred, he resumed excavation with his bare hands. He must have filled his little green bucket a few hundred times...until it broke too. I don't know what real construction workers do upon discovering they've broken all their equipment -- but Lang' decided it was time for S'mores. That seemed to make everything all better.
![]() |
| "I tell you what guys, this is the good life." |
Taegan always gets her money's worth on our beach excursions -- in fact, she usually brings a significant portion of the beach home with her.
| Prospecting |
It's dirty work, but it's not without its rewards...
![]() |
| clam parts |
| crab parts |
![]() |
| The treacherous descent |
![]() |
| Success! |
Armed only with a hilarious disregard for his own personal safety, cousin Luke assumed a Pete Rose head-first slide down the canyon wall. He repeated the maneuver several times to prove that he was, in fact, a crazy person.
The voyage of discovery completed, Karst' helped extricate his fellow explorer, cousin Tatum. Upon regaining his footing and shaking the sand from his clothes, three-year old Tate turned to Karst' and offered his trademark show of gratitude, "Thanks, hun."
At the end of the week, Taeg' asked me if we could just move to the beach permanantly. I'm reasonably certain her brothers shared her sentiment. I appreciate my parents' willingness to go to the trouble and expense of organizing our annual beach reunion -- which included this "modest" little rental house...
Oh, these guys were with us too -- they just missed the 10am wake-up call for our photo shoot. Since baby Lane's arrival, they wake up every few hours during the night just so they can party some more. Good times.
We're looking forward to next year.





2 comments:
This is a lovely recap! I want to paste Langy's photos all over my walls. He's really good at pictures. Also, I may put your family picture on our wall, too. You have more people smiling at the camera =) than us. Nobody will notice it's not us, right?
Shelly- You just need to have more children. I think that increases the chances of a face looking in the right direction!
I miss s'mores! Karsten misses the theater room! Taegan misses everyone's attention! Lang' misses the sand! We want to go back.
Post a Comment