Sunday, October 2, 2011

About Time

Travis Update:

Trav' got a shiny new diesel car in September and thank goodness.  I was tired of being chauffeur for over a year.  We are very grateful for the 2nd ride.  I just need to convince Langdon and Travis to accept a little Zen attitude like Charlie Crews and repeat "I am not attached to this car" frequently.  Langdon constantly goes over to the window to look for his Dad's car and ask for a ride.


Langdon Update:

When Langy is not asking for a ride he was climbing out of his crib.  We thought it was time to "Release The Kraken" and turn it into a toddler bed.  Now, no one gets sleep.  We probably should have just put a plexi-glass top on the crib instead.

Lack of sleep must stimulate some part of the brain, because he has been talking up a storm lately.

Taegan Update:

Taegy turned 5.  She is still getting used to that number because if you ask her how old she is there is a long pause... then small whispers of "1, 2, 3, 4, 5. . . ." then a shout ". . .I am 5!"

She wanted a piñata for her birthday.  Everyone loved beating it until it released all the candy.  We sure do enjoy being around her, despite the threatening look with her bat and piñata.

Karsten Update:

Karsten has started 1st grade and is liking it better everyday.  He has three different teachers but I am the one getting used to who is teaching what and when.  His school just had their annual fun run.  He ran 2 more laps than last year totaling 15 during the hour.  If he keeps up that pace, there is no way I will be running with him in 5th grade.

Melissa Update:

Are you still reading this?  Seriously, you need to get a hobby.  I have been continuing to put our downstairs bathroom back together.  My first goal was to finish before school started, then it was to finish last weekend, now my goal is to finish.  I think that is a realistic goal considering that I have never worked on it more than 2 hours straight ever.  I have never tiled anything before, nothing like diving in head first.

In my spare time, 5:30am, I have been going to a Tabatas class.  Last week, the instructor informed us that he will no longer be including rest times like push-ups and sit-ups but instead focusing on whole body movements that will focus on those muscles.  I thought I was done puking before/after this class.  Nope.  Some guy came over to me after Friday's class and asked if I was OK.  It took me a while to realize that he was talking to me and was indeed speaking a language that I should understand.  I just let out a groan and waved my hand motioning him to go away.  I have never missed doing push-ups until now.

We are so ready to go to Disneyland.

3 comments:

shelly said...

Oh my goodness, that last part about figuring out the guy was speaking English and talking to you had me laughing hard! Do you watch biggest loser? It always gets me in the mood to move. I did the treadmill for 10 minutes yesterday and thought of that handsome new trainer yelling at me to not hold the bars of his treadmill! That's right, 10 minutes. Needless to say, I admire your attending of a 5:30 am booty-kicking class =)

jessica said...

Oh how I love your updates M! We are just about to start our master bathroom remodel...UGH!

Bre said...

I usually can't comment on your's or mom's blogs, but for some reason today I can! I love the pictures on this post. Taegan is very intimidating with a bat in her hands. And Langdon on the stairs is too cute! But when are you going to post DL pictures?!

Post a Comment