Friday, November 28, 2008

112th Civil War (updated)

It's pretty simple - a Beaver win means they are Rose Bowl bound. I have heard some Eugenies say they will secretly root for the Beavers -- reasoning that a Rose Bowl victory would reflect positively on our state and just be kinda cool.

Message to all "Duck Fans" so-inclined: Please take a moment to punch yourselves in the face.

I've been secretly rooting for the Beavs all season, that way a Duck win tomorrow in Reeser Stadium would hurt that much more. Disappointment in Corvallis will probably reach Biblical proportions!

Duck fans, do not be tempted by the promise of BCS filthy lucre flowing into our state coffers. Let Oregon State get their own billionaire alumnus to donate money and ridiculously ugly uniforms! We are not the Chamber of Commerce! We don't care what anyone thinks of us. I mean, c'mon...

Thanks Uncle Phil!

The last thing our glorious state needs is a Rose Bowl champion that isn't from Eugene.

Go Ducks!
________

UPDATE: 65-38!
Enjoy the Sun Bowl Beavs!

No comments:

Post a Comment