
Always remember Him. My mom was a devoted Christian. Always serving even if it inconvenienced her.
Read. My mom loved to read, even if it wasn’t a good book. I can remember multiple times when I would hear her tell me what a dumb book it was and then see her pick it up and read it to the end. She could recall things that she read in high school. I am not sure I even read a book in high school. I probably gave it to my mom so she could dumb it down for me and tell me the cliff note version.
Duty. When my mom was called to do something, she did it. She had a wonderful sense of duty to her family, church and community. You don’t show up for the basketball team unless you are going to stick it out all season and you definitely don’t tell the Relief Society president that you will visit teach if you are not willing to do it (even if it means you write a letter from your hospital bed to 3 perfectly healthy sisters you haven’t seen in only 3 weeks).
Yummy. Wow, could my mom cook. And she liked to do it. Don’t be surprise if I show up with a Christmas bread wreath thingy, just smile and tell me that it will be yummy and then toss it in the trash when I leave. I do not have my mother’s talents in the kitchen. That is the most dreaded room in my house when Travis isn’t around to save my bread.
Teach. She loved to teach and was great at it. It didn’t matter what the subject or age was: gospel doctrine, making cookies, or sewing maternity pants that you will wear for year(s) after the pregnancy.
Happy. Mom loved to laugh and wasn’t afraid to be laughed at.
Economical. Mother was always worried about money, even when she didn’t need to be. She would buy the cheaper product even when she knew it wasn’t as good. The woman bought a Toyota Camry as her luxury car, need I say more.
We will be at the funeral this weekend.
Mom you are missed. I hope you have time to visit Paris, Mount Rushmore and hunt down Great-Great Grandpa so Kim and Leslie can finish our genealogy!!