Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Happy Anniversary to Us.

Have Travis and I reached a point of maturity where we no longer need frivolous gifts to celebrate our blissful marriage?


NAY! We just buy original gifts. Travis said a few days ago that he once thought that for our 10th anniversary he would buy me a wicked huge diamond with a whole cut into it for my finger (I may be exaggerating slightly). But instead we purchased a 'cheater' pump. Most couples would never dream of such a super gift together, but when we moved on the hill and turned the water on; 28psi was not cutting the mustard, literally. We now enjoy 70psi of water pressure so I can rinse the shampoo out and Travis can... well do whatever boys do in the shower... eat donuts! Just don't tell the neighborhood, because they will be knocking on our door in the morning to use this thing once they know it is just next door.

It is probably good that I didn't get a wicked huge ring, because I would have to keep taking it off while I work in the garage. This was my most recent project for a friend who worked her butt off in my yard in exchange. I once again got the better end of the deal, but also came to the conclusion that I need to purchase a dust collection system for the garage or I just may develop black lung. It was fun to build and very big. It would make a nice storage area for my ring some day.


I think they are going to paint it black. Once it gets some finish on it, I think it will look a gabillion times better. I am pretty sure it will fit at least a 50" TV (or 12 cheater pumps).


Travis once again worked his magic on the internet and found us a heating element for our dryer at 1/2 the cost the local folks wanted. The downside, 5 days without a dryer and 2 grubby kids that made cupcakes for their Dad's B-day.


The UPS guy just knocked on my door, I gotta go install the heating element so I don't have to explain to Karsten tomorrow why swim shorts make good underwear when the others are not dry enough to wear yet!

7 comments:

jessica said...

Happy Anniversary! I always think of you and Travis on our anniversary since we got married on the same day...the same year! I just found a picture of us when we ran into you guys in Montana on our way to our reception in Oregon.

We are all about practical gifts too. The last thing I want is a piece of jewelry that I will be stressed out about losing or breaking. I would much rather get a mitre saw or five gallons of paint so that I can repaint my house. I LOATHE the flat paint that the builders used...

I must say I am light years behind you when it comes to skill...that cabinet is RIDICULOUS! Why can't you live close to me? There are some great jobs to be had out here and you would be way closer to P-town....seriously move out here! We could watch each others kids while we worked on projects.

Leslie said...

I love the gift. Nice and practical. Your cabinet looks great. You will have to take a picture of the finished product once it is painted. have you been feeling any better?

Tony & Bre said...

You can't beat the gift of water pressure if you ask me. And Karst and Taeg did an awesome job on those cupcakes!(even if they were grubby when they made them)

Jean McKendrick said...

Wow Melissa! You are amazing, that looks wonderful! I wish I lived closer to you, I'd cook for you, clean for you, watch your children for you in exchange for help with my kitchen cabinets.
Love the cupcakes.
Happy Anniversary!

shelly said...

Melissa--is there anything you can't do?! That cabinet is awesome, although ridiculously huge! Eric and I just move the couch closer to the tv to watch movies and make it feel like a big screen =) I, too, wish you lived next door!

doodooguru said...

Everyone is welcome to move next to me, just as long as you buy my house so Trav' and I can move to the country, build our own house with a real shop and a mother-in-law wing on 10 arces so I can mow the lawn naked.

Jessica, I doubt we will move to Spokane. You can't even walk around downtown topless, go to the grocery in sweats and be the only person that looks like you actually bathed and got ready. Although being in the same town as a temple has it's advantages too.

A-Train said...

Here is my question--when do you find time to build such large and beautiful works of wood? I can't seem to find time to mop my dirty floor that my child eats off constantly, let alone refinish the two chairs I bought at Goodwill. I guess it's the whole "you make time for what you want to do" bit, but still. I am very impressed.

I hope Travis likes cupcakes, 'cause there's a ton there! Lydia will help you eat them if you'd like. Well, let me clarify--she'll eat the frosting off. The actual cupcake is all yours to eat!

Post a Comment