It was a good show. The thing we enjoy most about Brian is that he doesn't work blue -- his act is completely family-oriented. In fact, we saw quite a few parents in attendance with their teenage children.
The next morning we gathered at the Oregon Zoo. We saw the young elephant I've mentioned before - the zoo rejected my proposed names and went with "Samudra" or "Sam" for short. His mother no longer wants to kill him, which is nice.
As we observed several primate species, the kids' most common inquiry was why the mandrils' butts are purple. That particular point was not addressed in any zoo literature, so I declared that the mandrils simply think purple butts are cool. I'm sure Jane Goodall would back me up on that one.
Melis' skillfully herded children as they petted the goats.
Taeg' was enthralled by the hippos. Her father could not get Moto Moto's "I like em chunky" song out of his head. Hippos are fat, there's just no nice way to say it.
We took a ride on the zoo steam train together. Uncle Ty, cousin Lydia, and Aunt Shelly sat next to us. The kids had been looking forward to this part all week, but after about 15 minutes (of the 35-minute ride) the kids started to look pretty bored. Maybe that's why I haven't taken the zoo steam train ride since I was Taeg's age.
After several hours of exotic animals and train rides, Taeg' took her favorite perch atop her father's shoulders -- which causes her father to grow a few more gray hairs for some reason. In any event, we had a lot of fun.Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go figure out how to cook a Pop Tart.
2 comments:
I didn't realize I had to follow the pop tart instructions, my kids eat them "raw". :)
What a fun trip to the zoo. My most memorable zoo trip was when the goats at my school name tag right off me when I was probably oh, 7! :)
Sounds like a fun weekend. Are you and Shelly wearing matching shirts for the occasion? I especially like Brian Regan's hospital visit "observation." I keep telling my parents that they should gather all of their children and grandchildren to do fun things, but they said there are too many of us now. They just go on exotic trips alone. Your mom is much cooler.:)
Post a Comment