Tuesday, October 13, 2009

All Good things

must come to an end.

Or so it seems today. For the last couple months, I have given into temptation and have taken a nap in the afternoon while my kids are resting. My current physical condition has been my justification. I have never been a napper. If I nap, I am doomed at bedtime. My 6ish months of napping is catching up with me. I get to sleep but only to wake up at 1am totally wake and ready to go. I tried staying up later... the next morning, my kids are getting me outta bed and I don't feel so rested. So the naps are ending today (ok, not all the naps... Sunday naps are staying, moderation in all things after all)!

As of now, my kids are sleeping on different floors of the house. I love the quiet but what should I do with myself that will keep me awake? The house is clean, the laundry is done! If someone suggests cooking/baking, I will personally go to your house and slash all your tires, maybe even your neighbor's as well! I can't finish the crown molding... too noisy plus I just painted it and now I am waiting for it to dry. I have researched and looked at pictures of what I would like to do with our current annoying computer 'closet' and upstairs. I am pretty sure I know what to do with the all the kids rooms. I have already purchased something on-line! The server at work is down, so I can't even get paid to work! Maybe one of my sisters should move across the street so I can help them with something. Hmm...

Must quietly stay awake!

I think the baby is even sleeping...

8 comments:

jessica said...

This post made me laugh. I never nap...even though I would love to, I just can't seem to fall asleep during the day. This morning was an exception...we had a horrible wind storm that kept me up most of the night. So this morning I fell asleep with Camden in a giant bean bag. It was so FABULOUS! Here it is 5pm and I'm not dragging like I usually am.

Anyway...good luck with finding something to do. I would watch one of the million shows I have tivo'd. Aric and I have just gotten into "the next iron chef" it's on the food network. I hate to cook but this show is good entertainment.

shelly said...

I've been napping with Tate through this pregnancy, and run into the same dilemna at night. I'm with Jessica, tivo'd tv in the middle of the night. I don't think it was just because it was the middle of the night, but the last one I watched was Leatherheads. Have you seen that movie? Delightful!

shelly said...

I just told Eric that you have the same dilema as I do, and he suggested on-line gambling. Just a thought.

Read said...

You should be resting mama! I happen to be one of those people who can nap and it doesn't effect me... now if I could just get a nap to test my hypothesis! miss you

Leslie said...

Well we don't live across the street but you are welcome to come work on our house during the day or in the middle of the night. We wouldn't even complain as long as some things are getting done.

A-Train said...

Hmmm, I have no suggestions for you other than to say I've joined you in the "I can't take a nap or I won't sleep at night" club. I am curious about the computer closet and kids rooms and such--you can post pictures of that stuff. That will take up what, like 20 minutes? Better than nothing!

Jean McKendrick said...

ooh, I love to nap, always have. Would reading put you to sleep? I love quiet time. Wrap Christmas presents? Think up sharing times?? :) Have you had your program yet? Ours was really good this year, thankful to have it over with!

Kim said...

Oh man I have so... many things for you to help me with!!! Just go back to napping:)

Post a Comment