Melissa and I are pretty much Hallo-weenies.
We enjoy the holiday very much -- especially the part where we steal our children's candy. But the whole costume thing really eludes us. Neither of us has made a sincere attempt at a Halloween costume since grade school (I was a baseball player, Melis' was a punk rocker).
We think it's really cool when married couples get creative, just like it's "really cool" when couples take dance lessons so they can do the foxtrot together at wedding receptions. We're impressed... but not enough to actually emulate them. [UPDATE: OK, Greg and Niki's interpretation of Mormon Tabernacle Choir members is hilarious and obviously worthy of emulation.]
We enjoy the holiday very much -- especially the part where we steal our children's candy. But the whole costume thing really eludes us. Neither of us has made a sincere attempt at a Halloween costume since grade school (I was a baseball player, Melis' was a punk rocker).
We think it's really cool when married couples get creative, just like it's "really cool" when couples take dance lessons so they can do the foxtrot together at wedding receptions. We're impressed... but not enough to actually emulate them. [UPDATE: OK, Greg and Niki's interpretation of Mormon Tabernacle Choir members is hilarious and obviously worthy of emulation.]
That said, we feel obligated to let our kids join in the fun. To paraphrase Bronco Billy (aka Clint Eastwood), I think every kid in America ought to go trick or treating, at least up through the eighth grade.
If you ask Karst' who he is, he will probably be embarrassed for you and your ignorance of stock car racing. He's "Dale Jr." He wanted to be Jimmie Johnson, but apparently so did every other 5-year-old NASCAR fan -- the costume store was sold out. We're just glad Junior isn't sponsored by a beer company anymore. I'm trying to get Karst to memorize all his sponsors so he can work them seamlessly into his trick or treat door approach.
This is Bozo the Taeg'. Her nose honks...a lot. Grandma Ardythe crafted this outfit many years ago, and it has been worn proudly by several children and grandchildren. After Taeg' fills her pumpkin with candy, she intends to convert her clown hat into a reserve candy receptacle. Good thinking.
I wish my children much success in their candy gathering efforts -- especially since I will be confiscating all of their chocolate at the end of the evening (their mother will claim all of their Hot Tamales).
Good Hunting kids!
4 comments:
taeg's face looks like the jokers on Batman. A good idea gone wrong, face paint was everywhere. She can try makeup again when she is 18!
doodooguru, grandma said that she put her eyeliner all around her lips. Looks like next year she should dress as goth-girl! Always a pleasure to read one of your posts =)
Happy Halloween! I love dressing the kids up!! If you know early enough what they want to be check craigslist, lots of costumes on there. Until this year (Kai is 7), I have never, ever paid full price for a costume. I figured I could this year since every other year it has been less than $5. Sell your old ones on craigslist, that way you can make money too!
Your kids look great!
Love the costumes! Wish I knew some kids to steal candy from!
Post a Comment