Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Happy St. Patty's Day!!!

Karsten has been asking me what we do on St. Patrick's Day for the last 3 weeks. Taegan tried to explain to him that it was just a holiday that comes after Valentine's Day and before Easter but he wasn't having any of it. I told him it is a day that we can celebrate green, like the color you crazy hippies. I just don't have the heart to tell him it was originally for a Catholic St. but some how Ireland turn it into a green wearing, beer drinking, holiday and the rest of the free world has turned it into a weird thing about green and pinching. Taeg' decided she wasn't wearing green no matter what, because green is NOT pink! whatever. Karsten freaked out when I told him he could wear his Oregon jersey because it is green. He stated that he is saving it for the next Oregon game. I didn't have the heart to explain that the basketball team sucks and finally fired Kent and are not in the tourney and that most of the football team is in jail. Maybe we will start cheering on the baseball (boring) team!

Anyways this is what we did:

Hippie cupcakes!YUMMY, even without frosting!


The pros call it rainbow, I call 'em tie dye. I haven't heard a word of complaint about St. Patty's Day since I pulled these beauties out!

6 comments:

shelly said...

that's hilarious. Did the cupcake turn the cupcake liner into those matching colors? Did you know that I've been craving cake ever since I had to leave the R.S. dinner last night before tasting their cake?! I want one!!

doodooguru said...

food coloring has a way of turning everything colorful, just ask my kitchen island!

I would like to say we will save you one, but we both know that would be a big whopper of a lie. Travis will be lucky to indulge. He better hurry home.

Why would any sane person leave a dinner before dessert?

Jean McKendrick said...

Wow, that is one colorful cupcake! Our St. Patty's day consisted of wearing green, the end. :)

Jenny Erazo said...

that is the coolest cupcake ever!

Unknown said...

I love the cupcake, and I'm impressed that you were so festive. Not so at our house. And, to answer your question about the room switching in our house, no, the switch-a-roo didn't last long. The old dining room was too small to comfortably hold everything that I wanted in there, and when you walked in the front door you could see the mess of toys all over the floor. I turned the room off the kitchen into the playroom now and I like it much better. When are you guys going to come see it in person and let me steal your baby for a while? I still haven't had a chance to hold him, you know.

Reader said...

I don't know how you do it all super mama! Love the update and good to hear from you!

Post a Comment