Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Toothy Taeg'

It's been over a year now since Karsten discovered the unbridled joy of dental check-ups.  This afternoon he accompanied his little sister to the dentist's office for her first experience.

As they separated to their individual exam rooms, they each looked like they were about to climb aboard Space Mountain.  I sat in the corner of the exam room with Taegy while the dental hygienist explained the various tools they would be enjoying, er, using during the examination.  Taegy particularly enjoyed "Mr. Sucky" -- the delightful oral suction device.  She also immediately accepted the Terminator-style sunglasses they offered before turning up the exam lights.  You'll be pleased to know that her teeth have "perfect spacing" -- which I think means she has something in common with Cletus from the Simpsons.


She was so excited afterward, it was hard to get her to hold still for the obligatory first-dentist-visit-photo.

She can't wait for her next ride appointment.

3 comments:

Leslie said...

It makes it so much easier when they have a good first experience. Our kids love their dentist he has all sorts of stuff for them to play with and do while being seen. Taeg looks like she is loving it.

Jenny Erazo said...

It is great when they have a good experience at the My kids LOVE getting their teeth checked?!

doodooguru said...

These pictures are making me dizzy. I am glad I am not the only one that has trouble getting a decent photo of the kids. It is probably because we are getting slow in our old age!

Oh yeah, I would love the dentist too if they kept telling me I was cute during the cleaning. They just tell me I need a crown, and a night guard and then hand me the bill. Not even a pinwheel!

Post a Comment