On Sunday, we woke up to more snow... whatever, "no time to enjoy the snow, go get your church clothes on" I say to Karsten and Taeg' as I pulled open the blinds downstairs so I could see what I was planning to iron. We discovered this little cute Bambi deer curled in a ball, under our eves trying to stay warm and dry. He hung around our house off and on through out the day. We enjoyed watching him.
Well, Monday morning we woke up to quite a bit more snow and fairly cold temperatures for Eugene. The town (well, everyone but the attorneys) shut down and hung out on the streets to sled.
Karsten and Taeg' convinced me to go out in the snow before 9am to enlarge our previous snowman's head that had dropped off on the ground from the warm weather. We stomp out in the front lawn to get our snowman's head and what do I find? Freak'n Bambi froze to death and chose my yard to do it in. Karsten was convinced he was just sleeping, I was secretly wishing he was right, but I knew that no one or no thing can sleep in such an uncomfortable position. Why does my yard attract dead things?
OK, back to your super fears and intimidating hero names.
__________
Travis adds: When I told a co-worker about Bambi's tragic end in our front yard -- she implored me to give it a proper burial. I started to laugh, until I realized she was being serious. I replied that I didn't think I could dig down far enough into the permafrost to dig a Bambi-sized grave.
I must confess feeling a little sad as I lifted the carcass by the legs last night and unceremoniously placed it in our yard waste bin for the garbage man. That said, there's no way I'm holding a funeral for a wild animal -- no matter how cute.
4 comments:
And that's why you should've let Bambi sleep inside during the night.
We had one down the street from us but he was "sleeping" by the time we saw him. I was still glad to see him gone today.
HOW FUN! well, not the whole Bambi drama but your blog is GREAT! Fun to be back in touch with you!
Nice.
I have to admit when I saw your comment on my blog I couldn't figure out what "square" I'd know in Hippieville (mind you I was speed reading at 5 a.m. the morning before I left on our trip). I was worried I might have a stalker on my blog since you said I'd never be able to get rid of you. :)I am glad you "found" my blog, it's fun to read what's happening in your life and see your kids.
Post a Comment