Thursday, September 25, 2008

NEVER,

never, never, stay in bed after your husband goes to work. Nothing good will happen. EVER.

Today, I was being way lazy and just staying in bed. Travis got up, got ready and left. Karsten was up wandering around the house and brought me a book to read to him. Taegan was still asleep (that is how I was justifying remaining in bed and Shirlene read me an article about women needing more than 7 hours of sleep at night or they will die, so I decided to catch up all at once).

Anyway I eventually got out of bed, when I heard Taeg' say, "morn'n Mom, I gotta go potty". I then helped Taeg' into the bathroom when I remember that Karsten had gone (more on that later), so I sent her into our bathroom.

SIDE NOTE: Remember Karsten just going pee. Since we have lived in this house (almost 2 years) the kid's toilet has been annoying. It either doesn't fill or doesn't flush, but I just put it on the honey do list and forgot about it because I never use it and we are going to remodel 'in the near future'. Since potty training Taegan, it has come to my attention the toilet needed to be fixed now because it was acting as if it was clogged, every time. Travis tweaked with it, I swore at it and then went to the hardware store and bought toilet parts. Last night Travis tweaked some more and we determined that the inlet valve was broken and actually stuck in the closed position. So it could be used once and that was it, until I replace the valve.

Back to this morning, after Taeg' was done, I decided that she needed to soak her toe (she has an ingrown toenail, don't ask). So, I set up her little footbath and set her on the stool in the kids bathroom, I then looked at the toilet and thought I need to pull the old inlet valve off. I could do that now while waiting for Taeg....

So away I went. I removed the inlet from the toilet and bent the hose away from the bowl. This movement must have cleared whatever was clogging the valve because water began SHOOTING from the inlet hose. I tried to plug it with my finger and reattach it to the toilet, no good. I twisted the valve handle, nope. I then headed to the front door as fast as I could go, took a few steps down and then jump that last few stairs (while looking down long enough to see a dead POSSUM on our front stairs, thank you neighbor dog!). I ran to the street and pulled open the valve box. I could not get the thing to budge, WHAT THE… I was starting to think of some good swear words by now. I finally got the water turned off to the house and was running back in through the garage (to avoid the possum) and met Karsten at the door, “Mom there is a lot of water on the bathroom floor and I need your help cleaning it up”. I grabbed every towel on my way to the bathroom, opened the door to find Taeg’ having a ball, sitting on the stool (where I left her), she sees me and says “Mom, water, wow!” I threw all the towels on the floor, the water had to be at least 2 inches deep…“what the crap… what could I have done differently”.

I mopped up the mess, dried my hallway and everything else that was dripping, then I got dressed. Yes that is correct, all this happen when I was in my underwear. YES at the end of the driveway I was repeatedly thinking…”It is OK, all my neighbors are at work, they will not see you in the street in your underwear, they are at work, please make them be a work”.

The toilet is fixed the dead rodent is in the garbage and when a client called and asked how my day was going I just smiled and said, “GREAT”.

By the way, Trav, I just walked downstaris and heard dripping. Yes, the fan in the bath down stairs is leaking water from my morning adventure. We might have to start the bathroom remodel on the other bathrooms before our own. Love ya.

2 comments:

shelly said...

That's hilarious! I laughed the most at the reveal about you being outside in only your undies! I know what to get you all for Christmas...robes!

T-Money said...

Are you at the point where you're laughing at this whole experience yet? Because I am.

Post a Comment