Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Boring

It has been a very slow last few weeks, so I have been able to catch up on some things that were long over due.

Our oven has not been cleaned since we moved over 2 years ago. I wish I had a good excuse... I guess I kept thinking we were going to get a new one so why clean this one. My mother-in-law used to say that she wished "they would train monkeys for this kind of stuff". I could have used a trained monkey for this job. But it is sparkling now, so I don't have to think about it for another 2 years... or maybe we will just buy a self-cleaning one that is large enough for a 9x13 pan.


I switched garbage company's. I didn't save any money, I guess I just wanted to give the new guys in town a chance.

Travis would call this passive aggressive behavior or just "sticking it to the man" either way the kids are happy because the guy that dropped off the new cans gave them a mini version. Karsten is obsessed with it and wants to take it everywhere. Taeg' loved it for a few minutes but then found something shiny to play with like the feather duster.


Travis and I make a pretty good team. He has somesorta internet magic, so he can find anything about anything in about 19 seconds. My part of the team work is that I love to get my hands dirty. So when something breaks down, Travis researches the life out of it, orders the parts and then hands it to me to install.

Karsten recently brought it to my attention that his clothes looked 'stainy' (he is like his father and likes to be clean and dry). I knew the washer agitator was on its way out, but I guess it wasn't working at all now. Our washer was a wedding present 10 years ago, it has served us well but it makes noises that can wake the dead sometimes. Every time it tries to quit, Travis and I go look around at the new ones. They are shiny and sleek, then we look at the price tag so we decide to fix it one more time. Travis wasn't around to do his end, so I had to research it and find the part without calling the repairman. After 2.5 freak'n hours of reading (cursing Trav' the whole time) and searching in the middle of the night, I discovered the problem. It took me 3 minutes to get the tools and take it apart, and 10 minutes to pick up the new part and reinstall the new one. I am glad that I was able to fix it so our clothes are not 'stainy'.

The broken part is called dogs, no wonder why they break.



The end.

4 comments:

jessica said...

Aric and I are a good team too but honestly I have to do the research and do the work. I only use him when muscles are necessary. He is good at supporting me and giving me the cash needed for such projects.

Our washer makes scary noises too but our clothes aren't "stainy" yet. But I may have to call you when they do.

Jean McKendrick said...

O.K. you so amaze me. We are on our 3rd dryer in 14 years and my husband is an engineer too. Matt can fix anything but sometimes doesn't want to mess with it. I don't read instructions at all, even to stupid toys. If I can't look at it and quickly put it together I just say, "wait til daddy gets home". Such a cop out, I know. :)
We can't switch garbage companies here BUT we can pile whatever we want and however much of it we want on the curb. Some day when I load the curb up I'll take a picture because it's the funniest thing. People shop out of other people's garbages including me. I got a free kids play house out of someone's "trash". That oven is SPARKLING! I clean them about as often as you do and I have self cleaning. It just stinks up the house when you have a self cleaning oven.

Teresa's Neighbor said...

I wish you would have said something, I would have sent my monkeys. Are you guys up for the Brain Reagan thingy if you win complementary tickets at my lottery?

Leslie said...

If it makes you feel any better I haven't cleaned our oven in the three years we have been here. Actually it still doesn't look too bad so maybe we will leave it for the next renters. He he

Post a Comment