Karsten and I both hope to become space tourists someday. Presently, we're just waiting for Bill Gates to purchase our blog for $1 billion ticket fares to come down a little. We're facinated by the prospect of looking out on our home planet, experiencing weightlessness, and sampling the latest in astronaut cuisine.
I recently visited the National Air and Space Museum in Washington D.C., where I saw an actual tin of chipped beef used by the Apollo astronauts who went to the moon. I'm sure chipped beef was super yummy back in the 60's, but I hope NASA has an expanded menu when Karsten and I kick back and open our astronaut lunch boxes. After all, I heard they recently updated the kitchen on the International Space Station...uh oh, this does not sound promising.
"NASA announced yesterday that the recently installed urine and sweat recycling system on the International Space Station (ISS) has begun to churn out good, potable water, fit for consumption in orbit and terrestrially."
Looks like Karst' and I are going to have to sneak some Capri Sun's onto the launch pad.
1 comment:
I am sure by the time you make it to space they will have better food! :)
Post a Comment