Yesterday as I was running errands and driving in the car with my kids this is one of the conversations I overheard between my kids.
Taeg': "Mommy, will you unbuckle my seatbelt so I can get down and get the toy I dropped?"
Karst': "Taeg', we don't unbuckle while the car is moving because if Mom needs to stop fast then we would fly into the window and crack our heads. Then the police will come and give Mom a ticket because we crashed, then we will have to find a lot of money to pay for the ticket, but we don't have money because we are trying to be debt free, so the police man will take us to jail where all the dirty & naughty people go."
Taeg': "How naughty?"
Karst': "Hmm... naughty like Darth Vader. He always cuts off people's heads and arms but never says sorry. Mom do you think Darth Vader is in jail because he is naughty?"
Me: "Yes, I suppose Darth Vader should be in jail."
Karst': "Mom, did you know that when Darth Vadar takes off his helmet his name is Toby?"
I guess I never thought my kid(s) ever listen to me. A few weeks ago while Trav' was out of town we had a little discussion on safety and why it is important. I listen to a Dave Ramsey podcast during lunch and Karsten usually asks when we are going to call and scream...... So I try to take a moment and talk about how his Dad works hard to earn money and how we shouldn't go buy silly stuff that we can not afford. Taegan is our typical 2 year old with a 16 year old vocabulary and just wants to know 'how naughty'? I am pretty sure, she will not be as naughty as Darth Vader but I swear she tries to take a step closer everyday! When did my 4 your old see Star Wars? And who is Toby?
2 comments:
I'm glad Karsten pointed that out about Darth Vader. It's not that he's cutting off people's heads and arms -- it's that he so darn cavalier about it. He really should show a little remorse. I agree that he could probably avoid jail time too.
Kids have the funniest conversations between each other. I love to sit outside the kids room and listen. One time their dad put them to bed early for rough housing on our new furniture. My oldest was trying to get my youngest to run and tell on him to me. My oldest was saying how it hurt his feelings and the younger one, with a big smile, "it didn't hurt my feelings".
Post a Comment