
We borrowed a couple of the Farm's pumpkins as props, and then returned them when we were done. As we loaded the kids into the truck and prepared to return home, an employee aporoached and asked us if we had paid for our pumpkins. We told her we didn't have any pumpkins. She was skeptical, "My boss said that she saw you loading some pumpkins into a cart." We assured her that while we had used a couple in some photos taken on the premises, we had returned them when we were done. The employee's lingering suspicion was clearly apparent in her expression. Melis' even offered to let her search our truck. The employee declined, and walked away. I believe she still thought we were pilfering pumpkins.
Melis' and I were really stung that somebody would even suspect us of thieving pumpkins.
(For the record, the four pumpkins on our front porch were all lawfully purchased from Thistledown last week.)
Anyway, I had to just get that off my chest. I feel much better.
2 comments:
Hah!, you pumpkin borrower. I would have prosecuted and sent you to jail for 30 days.
Cute pictures. I love it outside in the fall!
Post a Comment