
I am proud to say, I love spray paint, I had this piece of wood sitting in the garage, I didn't need a power tool, and vinyl lettering will remain tacky after years of sitting curled up on a shelf.
Yes, I do realize that the 'things' representing the individuals in the family are lame but in my defense, I could not find what I really wanted so I just decided on making do until I find/make what I want.
We have continued with a tradition in my family, the person that is conducting is in charge of picking the pray'er' for every meal or anytime we feel the need to give thanks as a family during that week. I was the first person in charge so no biggy. Taegan just gave up her rights last night and lets just say it was a long week of hearing... "she never picks me"....."me, me, me, me"..."um, um, um, I pick, um, um, um, I pick.." We will see how this week goes, Karsten is the school bus!
I think the board has been a helpful reminder for us to not only remember who does what but also to put some time into our family night duties! There are probably halos on our heads right now.
2 comments:
I am sure you do have halos on your heads. My fhe board, well, it's getting dusty in the closet. I am not creative like you are. I got mine as a gift but it didn't have the hooks or "trinkets" so I wasn't really sure what to do with it. Good for you for making yours useful.
Hey, glad to see someone has joined the ranks of the board. We have put ours to use since the beginning of the year and it has helped us too. We too have someone "in charge" each week and it sometimes causes issues but they like to be the one who choses someone (or themselves time after time) to pray.
Melissa your "things" are much better than my index cards with each persons name written on them. We did have some neat engraved wood plates with each name but somehow they have disappeared. You will have to let me know what better things you come up with.
Post a Comment