Here are the latest happenings at our house with pictures to prove some of it:
(They may not be in chronological order but I am pretty sure they did happen.)
1. I lost 35lbs in 48 hours, but I also discovered my love for oatmeal cookies shortly after. no pictures!
2. A large tree blew over during a wind storm and took out our fence and landed on the neighbors house. I guess that will happen when your roots are not even 12" under ground! Stupid Tree.

3. Karsten learned to shave (w/ his pretend razor) and frequently comments about how smooth his skin is. Thanks a lot Dave & Etta!

4. We are all adjusting to the lack of sleep and I have accepted that my kids may have bags or dark circles under their eyes for a few months.

5. Langdon slept 9 hours last night. Now only if I had gone to sleep when he did... curse you free trial of Netflix with previous seasons of 30 Rock. He is very proud of his accomplishment!

6. Next week will be the first primary activity, in 5 years, that I will get to drop off my kids and walk away and then return 30 minutes late! I was released from primary before Langdon arrived.
7. A quarter note! Seriously, why is this important to my eternal salvation! I have been called as the Relief Society chorister. I can hear my Mother now, "you will have wished you listened to me, Melissa, this is useful information. Everyone needs to know how to lead music"! I seriously have to practice leading the music, last week I practiced with the Mo-Tab and was ready to go, but they changed the song on me at the last minute. Meanies!
8. I left the cave and went grocery shopping at Costco and Walmart. We all (3 kids and a mom) survived and even got everything on the list. Which is more than I can say about the last time I went to Walmart.
9. We got a new vacuum and the kids and Travis are in love. Well, Langdon loves to sleep while it is on and Travis, Karsten and Taeg' love to vacuum... Heavenly!
3 comments:
Wow you are the chorister. The last time I lead music was while serving a mission and it wasn't pretty. I could not get on time for the life of me. Hope you experience goes better than that.
Langdon is changing a lot already. I am excited to see him next weekend.
Everyone knows you just spell your name in the air. Everybody's supposed to be looking at their hymnals anyway, right?
Eric and I divided and conquered at the mall tonight. I got Tate and rented a cart/car stroller that he loves. Lasted about 2 minutes and 28 seconds, but you know, I'd pay it again for those joyful minutes!
Nice to hear from you again. I think every mother feels that after the birth of a child, complete FOG!
Oh my, the chorister, I'd have a cardiac arrest. I don't know how to lead music at all! You'll do great, I know you'll figure it out. SO NICE you can drop your kids off at a primary activity and walk away!!!!! I can only hope for the day. I bet it's a huge relief not having all the worries of a primary president.
Post a Comment