The end result was this. Technically 29 of these.

Somehow along the journey I had convinced myself (despite all the warnings on the instructions) not to following the recipe. So I actually now have 28 (travis ate one already) strawberry syrups-es. My mixer is slowly trying to leave this world, but when it does I just beat on the side of it with my hand and it makes a low-moaning sound but eventually starts to mix (hence the strawberry goo on the side of the mixer). I am not ready to part ways with it, the Neighbor Lady bought it for me probably secretly thinking that I should learn to make something yummy in the kitchen with it. Undoubtedly she has given up hope, but I still feel obligated somehow. Not obligated enough to actually spend time using it, there are clubhouses to paint after all, but obligated to feel guilty enough to keep beating it with my hand to keep it running.
Next time I will pay someone to make my homemade jam. And Travis (if you still even read this blog anymore) we should invest in a wicked awesome blender (with the money in the kids' piggy bank) someday because I am sure that is the cause of my lovely mixers death. I can make one rock'n root-beer milkshake as long as I have the stamina to keep beating the mixer.
p.s. do not even suggest a trendy kitchen-aid, those 'are good to poop on'!
5 comments:
That first picture still gives me pause. Please don't tell me the secret ingredient is people -- because I really like your jam.
Stumpy?
Wow, you made a MESS! I have a Bosch and LOVE IT! Yours doesn't look old, why's it trying to crap out on you? Too much money to do that, call the company. Get them to replace it.
I totally just learned how to make freezer jam at enrichment this month and I plan to make some more it was soooooo good. If I make too much though I'll just eat it all myself so I better not make 28 pints of it.
Shut Up! YOU MADE JAM!?!!! I did that once and vowed to never do it again. I may attempt freezer jam someday but I am still traumatized by first attempt that I don't know if I can ever get passed it. So now I am really nice to people who make homemade jam...like paint their kitchen...so that they will give it to me.
How in the world do you do it sister?? 3 kids, 1 Travis, clubhouses and jam?? possibly my favorite super hero! ;)
Post a Comment