Thursday, July 8, 2010

Medical Update

Sorry to interrupt this boring blog dry spell but we have a medical update.

Langdon is 6 months old and to celebrate the kids and I went with him to get his legs shot full of holes. Gotta love vaccines.
Langy is alive and well. Maybe not according to the dorky nurse, that can't use a tape measure. She claimed that he is actually shorter than he was at 4 months and that his head grew over an inch in circumference. (I realize that measuring a baby is sorta like measuring the yardage in football. they eyeball it and we all except it as gospel). We had a filler-inner nurse while the super awesome Kari is out for the month and I guess the new girl has never used a tape measure before. It never occurred to me to have her do it again (it was so painful to watch her read it the first time). So here are the stats for the short, fat, big headed baby.

6 Month stats:Head = 18" = 93%
Weight = 19#8oz = 83%
Height = 27" = 72% (I measured him this morning and he is about 28.25", I am guessing that will put him in the "I am awesome percentage")

Langdon is starting to become active. I am not sure how he moves but when I set him on the floor and come back he is never where I left him. He has figured out how to get the walker moving in the direction he desires and is all about testing his boundaries.
His two bottom teeth have come in. Thank goodness because he was acting like such a baby. It made me very grateful for the laid back happy kid that he is.

5 comments:

Jean McKendrick said...

I hate shot appointments, hate them!! My kids were both 20 pounds 12 ounces at 6 months so they were big and beefy too. :) That's the way I like them.
Langdon is such a cutie, he looks like a happy little boy!

Travis said...

I just hope the substitute nurse doesn't read our blog -- you're pretty rough on her.

Not everyone is as adept as you, dearest, when it comes to reading a tape measure. Just ask your Dad if he remembers my attempt to read a tape measure when we were building his garage years ago. I know what a 1/2" "marky" is -- but after that it's all "small markys" next to "smaller markys." He was not impressed.

shelly said...

Trav, I bet you're even more adept with the tape measure than I am. I love those new pictures of the kids on the side. Avery is still waiting for tooth number 2. And you should set up a video camera not only for Langdon's mystery movements, but I'm sure little miss princess obvious has some fun secret goings ons, too. Or maybe you'd find that Karsten was the mischevieous (how the heck do you spell that word?!!)one!

Reader said...

Such a great update and the comments make me laugh as well.. Glad to hear that all is well with Langdon you have quite the pair of handsome boys! the new pics of the kids on the left side are awesome.. WOW Taeg is a beauty... watch out Trav the boys are going to be knocking ;)

Lauren said...

After Travis' post about Captain Picard, I can't look at a picture of Lang without thinking of Patrick Stewart's face. Glad to hear that he is such a laid back little guy.

Post a Comment