Note Langy's "Rock on!" facial expression -- he just got his first lick of a maple bar and immediately achieved a higher level of consciousness. Sugar and fat...the party starter.
There was a brief awkward moment upon discovery that the Party Planning Committee had forgotten to obtain birthday candles. Melis' quickly improvised, however, and carefully placed 6 strike-anywhere wooden matches in Karsten's festive cake donut. Crisis averted.
When the smoke cleared (literally), we all enjoyed some birthday donuts. As we tucked him in that night, Karst' thanked us for "the best birthday ever." He deserves nothing less (we're just glad the boy's so easy to please).
In other news, my wife has publicly castigated me for taking too much time off from blogging. There is a perfectly reasonable explanation for this: Melissa has been insanely productive lately. Club house construction and freezer jam fabrication, all while raising "3 kids and 1 Travis" (I love that line, Reader). She makes the most interesting man in the world seem like a dullard. Even though I'm the pasty white version of the Old Spice Body Wash Guy, it's still hard to keep up with her level of sheer awesomeness.
While I'm sitting here typing on the computer, smelling like adventure, she has just changed the front shocks on her truck. I'm completely serious...
OK, Taeg' appears to be more impressed by the inanimate carbon rod she's acquired. In any event, my momentary silence on this blog should not be interpreted as indifference. I've simply been marveling at my co-blogger (who cleans up nicely, I might add).
(By the way, Melis', don't even think about taking down your "grease angel" photo -- your fellow shop techs signed a release in exchange for a rubber mallet and an inanimate carbon rod)
5 comments:
I know! How is Melissa so awesome?! I'm just glad we make her sit down and do nothing productive for one week out of the year at the beach house. Too much accomplishment can make us other boring-o's look bad.
seriously!... Why?
Melissa, you make me smile! What a WOMAN, making jam in one photo, changing shocks in the next. WOW!
You both are simply awesome.. Trav your wife (as you are fully aware) is making us all look bad ;) Sounds like it may be time for a vacation for you guys.. and Melis, I love a woman up to her elbows in grease! you and my hubby could talk gears and brakes and whatnot.. lol
I bow down at M's greatness...although I did jump my roommates car once, I am no mechanic. I don't care who does the posts on your blog as long as there is something there for me to read...I love you both!
Post a Comment