Friday, September 12, 2008

Camping practice

The other day, Melis' suggested that we go camping together as a family. I should note that Melissa is way more outdoor-sy than her husband (who considers "camping" to be the free continental breakfast at a Holiday Inn). Karsten has slept in a tent before (see pic), and he seemed to enjoy it well enough. But I was skeptical that Taegan would be up to it.

I proposed a compromise -- the kids and I will have a practice camping trip in the backyard tonight. Our tent only sleeps three, so Melis' will stay at base camp...on a pillow top mattress.

The kids are excited to sleep outside; their father just hopes the raccoons don't run off with his slippers.
_________
Update: As I feared, Taeg' is not yet up to sleeping outside in a tent. She made it until 9pm. After repeatedly kicking and punching her fellow campers, and then blurting out something in Chinese, Taeggy was escorted out of the tent and into her bedroom. Karsten and I remained in the tent, where Karst' promptly fell into a sound sleep. I was awakened several times by raccoons, a completely deflated air mattress, and the chill early-morning air. I'm a wuss. I anticipate taking some recuperative naps on the couch this weekend.

1 comment:

shelly said...

How'd the camping go?

Post a Comment