Monday, September 15, 2008

Potty training Taeg'

Last night I decided that I needed to potty train Taegan. She has been very interested in the toilet for a few months now and asks to sit on it frequently. Her favorite line to repeat from Karsten's vocabulary is "I gotta go pee" and then she will run off to the bathroom. Maybe I should be grateful that Karsten announces when he needs to powder his nose, because it has definitely inspired Taegan.

To make a long story short. Taegan is doing well for not even being 2 yrs and being introduced to 'big girl underwear' less than 12 hours ago. Her independence will start to shine through when she will announce "I gotta go pee", run into the bathroom, turn on the light, sit on the toilet and then tell me where to sit and wait. She will then clap and cheer when the deed is done, wipe, flush & wash her hands.


Don't get me wrong, it was a very long day for everyone. Taegan did forget occasionally that she is not wearing a diaper. Karsten is hoping that Taeg' continues to be 'in-training' for a while because he is loving the treats, and Taegan is probably hoping that all that talk about underwear was just a bad dream and that she will go back to using the toilet only when it is convenient.

All is right with the world... at least until tomorrow @ 7am.

2 comments:

shelly said...

I've been laughing with your past two posts. You all are hilarious. Good luck!

p.s. I had a dream recently that Tate was sitting on the toilet. I told Eric to look at him and then Tate peed all over Eric. The funny part was that Eric did like the movies when instead of moving out of the way, they just block it with their hands as much as possible and scream. Well, in the movies it's not usually pee, but I hope you get the picture =)

Anonymous said...

Impressive that she is following in her brothers footsteps so early... good job taking advantage of it mom! Loving the posts:)

Post a Comment