Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Domestication??!!!

Peaches come in a can, they are put there by a MOM.... Millions of peaches, peaches for me.

We went to Pendleton over Labor Day and I learned or re-learned (I will never admit to knowing before) about canning. My sister, Leslie, brought about a gazillion peaches over and Etta (sister in-law) and I remembered why we just go to Costco and buy them. It was a learning experience. They all didn't ripen so I brought mine home with me, purchased a canner, a puller outta the scalding hot water thingy, some sugar and I was ready to go this morning. Well except they are still not ripe enough but I got started with 6 quarts...

YES, I did wipe the mouth, Leslie, like 5 billion times!!!


They are so pretty my sister, my mother, maybe even my grandmother would be proud.

3 comments:

Kathi J said...

Never Did I Ever think you would "put up peaches." My Goodness you're so domesti-macated. But, at least you referenced a cool '90's song so that brings your hip factor back to par. Nice work, Wood!
Kathi

Teresa's Neighbor said...

Here's what I do: Knock yourself out canning peaches, forget to eat them and after ten years dump them down the drain. No, wait, first try to make leather out of them but you lost your dehydrator in your perfectly organized storeroom, so you try just setting the blenderized remains in the sun and then they get moldy and THEN you dump the whole mess down the drain. That's how it's done by the real experts.

Anonymous said...

WOW!! Canning?? nicely done.. you should have learned how to do that in Mrs Read's class right Leslie? ;) Looking good, and way more motivation than I have these days! Reader

Post a Comment